Saturday, August 13, 2011

Arranged

Just watched the movie "Arranged" on netflix and really enjoyed it.  I wished I could be friends with Rochel and Nasira and appreciated the beauty of culture and religion that provides a structure in which we are safe.  The devil has perverted our society in so many ways now that some of the most soul-killing things are mainstream and expected.  We are expected to hurt ourselves and be happy about it.  It is sad and wrong.  There is more and more tolerance for all the evil, but less and less tolerance for the commandments/structure/rules that would keep us safe.

I am so grateful for the commandments which have kept me safe.  Life is difficult and I'm afraid I'd have been blown away if not for the firm foundation on which I'm built.  It was hard to keep going even with the foundation.   Luckily, because of that foundation, I was able to see where the wind was blowing me hardest--where it was coming in at the chinks, buffeting the walls and roof, etc.  I could see where I needed reinforcement, and I got it. Now I feel better than I ever have before.  My testimony of the strength and importance of the foundation is deeper and stronger.  My house is sturdier and more comfortable.  My life is happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment