Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reading With Carol



Carol is re-dedicating herself to read the Book of Mormon before she gets baptized.  It will be a stretch, but we'll see how we can do on it.  Today, she was supposed to read 1 Nephi 21.  It is an Isaiah chapter, and though she sweetly answered that it was about "how Jesus will never forget us" when asked, I could tell she hadn't really understood (does anyone?).  We have a Book of Mormon for Families, and that was one of the section headings, I guess.  Anyway, we sat down together, and verse by verse, I helped her understand what it was about.  She loved it, and told me her visions of what I was describing.  (The gathered Children of Israel were ornaments on a Christmas tree, with a string under their arms, waiting to be picked.)

I love Isaiah and have loved explaining it to my children.  I don't know how much they understand, but they seem to feel the Spirit of it, and that is the best part!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I want you to explain it to me, too! Sounds like I could use it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get ME on that list! Can you explain it to me?? I missed the ornaments on the Christmas tree part of Isaiah ... and so many others!

    ReplyDelete